Emergency Dental Care
If you require emergency dental care, it is important to understand what defines a need for an emergency dentist. Dental emergencies can strike at any time, and generally when you least expect it.
Typically, these emergencies develop after a patient has been in an unfortunate accident involving a car, athletics, or even biting something too hard for teeth to manage, which may have happened unexpectedly. Whatever the situation, be calm and contact your dentist for same-day emergency treatment. Certain and more serious problems may necessitate a trip to the emergency room or urgent care facility.
As mentioned above, injuries to the teeth and illnesses of the teeth can happen on weekends, holidays, or evening hours, just like medical concerns and accidents. It is critical to seek emergency dental care for a variety of reasons. The first is that in some cases, if a tooth is treated early enough, it may be possible to save it. Another reason to seek immediate medical attention is that you may be able to prevent or treat an illness before it becomes too serious. Finally, you will want to get any pain under control so you can keep up with your family and professional obligations.
What is Mobile Dentistry, and How Does It Work?
If you believe a dentist who still makes house calls is obsolete in today’s world, think again. Mobile dental clinics give in-home dental care to a number of local citizens who would otherwise go without much-needed dental care. With today’s advances in technology and dentists in practically every strip mall you pass, you may be asking why you would need a dentist to come to your home or business. Continue reading to learn about the services that a mobile dentistry can offer you or your family.
Do you most likely travel frequently, have a constantly shifting schedule, and struggle to make personal appointments for yourself, such as a trip to the dentist for a teeth cleaning or to diagnose the source of a toothache? This is why many people, like you, opt for a mobile dental clinic for their dental care. These specialized dentists can meet you at your home, office, or even a hotel whenever you need them – even after hours – and provide a better degree of service than the dentist your family members might attend for ordinary dental care.
Do you have a loved one in a nursing home or an elderly in care facility who requires dental care? Is going to the dentist too difficult? Would they feel safer or more at ease seeing a dentist in their neighborhood? Many people require dental care but are unable to visit a typical dentist office for a variety of reasons, including the inability to cooperate or accept travel.
To address these issues, modern dentistry has developed mobile x-ray machines and dental carts, which are specially built and designed to deliver on-site dental services to patients in the privacy of their own rooms, instead of having patients visit a brick-and-mortar office.
A mobile dental clinic is fully equipped with everything a dentist or dental assistant needs to provide patients with the convenience of on-site services, and even a mobile dentistry can be helpful for an emergency care.
A regular dental office’s equipment and preparations are included in a mobile dental clinic, including:
- a light for the mouth
- A dentist’s chair.
- A digital X-ray machine
- A dental unit
- An air supply and a compressor for clean water
- A suction unit with both a high and low volume.
- Also available is the most up-to-date mobile dental treatment.
What Kinds of Services Do Mobile Dental Clinics Offer?
The mobile dentistry clinics may offer a full range of dental services, including:
- Urgent and emergency dental care
- All teeth can be extracted.
- Partial, complete, acrylic, nylon, and metal dentures are available.
- Fillings of various sizes
- Teeth that are decaying or damaged can be extracted.
- Dental crowns
- Teeth that are abscessed or infected can be removed.
- Dental bridges
- Periodontal therapy that isn’t invasive
- Hygiene in the clinic
- Restorative treatment
- Pain alleviation
- Oral Sedation by mouth
- Denture care using a mobile IV sedation unit and a specialist anesthetist
- Gum bleeding
- Comprehensive examinations, cleanings, and maintenance
- Treatment for a dental emergency
Can Mobile Dentistry Provide Emergency Dental Care?
If you have a dental emergency, you may need to see a dentist right away. Your dentist will meet you where you are.
Dental emergencies can happen at any time. These “Murphy” accidents always seem to happen on weekends, holidays, or after hours, don’t they? Whether you have developed an abscessed tooth that requires extraction or chipped a tooth that could lead to infection. With a mobile dentistry a dentist who can meet you anywhere anytime, addressing your dental emergency and often curing your pain before your normal dentist can schedule you.
Who Can Take Advantage of Mobile Dental Care?
Mobile dentistry is a great option for:
- People who use a wheelchair or are confined to a bed.
- People who have not seen a dentist in a long time or are unable to travel to a dental.
- People who are uncooperative or violent during dental operations and want to be put to sleep.
- People who are too busy.
- People who are physically or mentally challenged.
- Elders who live in an aged care facility or a nursing home and cannot get to the dentist.
- People who prefer to receive dental care in the privacy and convenience of their own home.